Thursday, May 1, 2014

Running Like A Girl



I walk. 

I walk where I need to go most of the time. I don't drive, I don't own a car, and I keep a few bus tickets on hand just in case. I used to hate the idea of having to walk to work. The walk itself, then having to be on my feet for 8 hours didn't sound like a good idea. But I had to, so I did. And each and every day (3 years after that first walk) I enjoy it more each walk. I throw on a pair of running shoes and my headphones and walk away.

When Simon & Schuster announced this Running Like A Girl challenge, I accepted. Why not? I already walk a ton, why not speed up my pace and go faster and further.




The idea here is to read Alexandra Heminsley's book Running Like a Girl, and start running. We're to keep track of our progress and let everyone know how we're doing. Simon & Schuster and #Hemmo are going to cheer us on, and help get us motivated. It started with a little surprise in the mail...a few things to get us started on our new journey.


Be sure to follow me while I embark on #Runninglikeagirl. Also, be sure to keep up to date with my sister. I was lucky enough to have her join this with me! Also, get on Facebook and Twitter, and look for others participating in this, and be sure to keep the cheer spreading for us!

If you're here only for #Runninglikeagirl, note the page at the top of my blog. I'll be sure to track all of these posts under there to make it easier for you!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird