Sunday, May 15, 2011

In My Mailbox (May 15, 2011)


In my mailbox credit goes to The Story Siren


Yeah, I'm going to say it - I got so spoiled this week! TWO signed and personalized books :)! Yippee.

Bought:
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer - I love, love, love this gorgeous cover. I've read this already, and I'm just working on my review, so stay tuned!
The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith - I had told myself not to buy any books this week, and I did pretty good (bought only Nightshade as a Mother's Day present to myself) and I wasn't going to get this one, but when I read this sentence -"The Marbury Lens crawls inside your head and wont leave. Scary, creepy, awful and awesome" -  Micheal Grant author of Gone and Hunger - at the top of the book, I knew I had to get it, plus it was on the bargain shelf of the bookstore.

Free:
Graceling by Kristin Cashore - found this one for free, and I've seen a few decent reviews about it, so why not!?

Won:
Haunted by Joy Preble (signed!) - I won this from a twitter contest! And the cover is even prettier up close.
Losing Faith by Denise Jaden (signed!) - This was from the "Hoppy Easter Eggstravaganza Blog Hop". I was so excited to win this book - I've been meaning to read it for ages now, as it's part of the Contemps Challenge. Very happy about this!

We also had an exciting day yesterday - I heard that there was a "Meet Geronimo Stilton" event happening about a half hour away from us, so we went! Daughter got to meet him, which was fun (though she was a little nervous!) and we picked up a few books, and Geronimo himself signed one for her!  



All in all, it was a great week for bookish fun!

What did you guys get this week in your mailbox?

9 comments:

Tynga said...

Graceling is FREAKING AMAZING! I LOVE both books by Kristin Cashore. I honestly can't wait for Bitterblue. I hope you'll like it <3

Krystal said...

I've heard good things about it, and for FREE?! ...I just couldn't pass it up. I'm excited to read it actually.
Thanks for stopping by Tynga.

Angela @ Reading Angels said...

I adored Nightshade and Losing Faith!! Great haul this week!
I love that tagline as well, makes me want to get it too :)

Little Miss Becky said...

I agree, the Haunted cover is so pretty, and how cool to have a signed copy! Great books..enjoy!

Lynda said...

Sounds like your mailbox is full of good books to read. So glad that Keira got to go and meet Geronimo Stilton, It looks like she was having a great time! She is definately going to be a reader like her mommy! Enjoy your books!

Unknown said...

*SQUEE!*Awesome mailbox week hon!! You've got tons of great books I cannot wait to hear your thoughts about! and Congrats on the two awesome signed books as well!!! Thank you for stopping by!

Candace said...

I liked Graceling, but I LOVED Fire! LOVED!
I got The Marbury Lens and I'm not liking it at all. But since you picked it up because of the blurb then you may love it. It's definitely weird and crawls into your head. I don't know that I'll finish it.
Great book week though!

Bookworm Lisa said...

Great selection of books. They all look interesting. Thanks for stopping by my IMM this week. :0)

Krystal said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by! (I'm almost at 6,000 page views!) Thank You Thank You!!



blogger template by lovebird