When we first ran through Platform 93/4, we went on a hunt for the Golden Snitch. Apparently we need to work on our Seeker skills as neither of us found the snitch.
Our next stop was Ollivanders. Our little Wizard here needed a new wand!
|Wand making @ Ollivanders|
- Located in Diagon Alley, as well as a shop in Hogsmeade
- Owned by the Ollivanders and run by Mr. Ollivander who remembers each wand ever sold in his shop
- Acknowledged as the best wandmakers in Britain, and highly noted around Europe
Next we went the Honeydukes, one of the most famous places in Hogsmeade!
- Sweet shop known for its chocolate and candy
- This shop has a secret passage into Hogwarts, in which Harry Potter used after Fred and George gave him the Marauder's Map (to get into Hogsmeade)
- Owners of Honeydukes is Ambrosius Flume and his wife
- Home of some of the best Wizard sweets/chocolate including:
-Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans - the most popular candy in the Wizarding World
"You want to be careful with those. When they say every flavour, they mean every flavour - you know you get all the ordinary ones like chocolate and peppermint and marmalade, but then you can get spinach and liver and tripe. George reckons he had a bogey-flavoured one once."
—Ron Weasley to Harry Potter
-Fizzing Whizzbess - Harry Potters favourite candy, though when he found out they might contain animal parts, he wrote in his copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them that he'd never again eat them
-Pumpkin Fizz - Fred and George brought this stuff back to celebrate Gryffindor's victory over Ranvenclaw
-Treacle Fudge - Hagrid loves to make this stuff!
|Hedwig joined us|
We thought we'd have some fun at Zonko's Joke Shop
Zonko's Joke Shop
- A favourite place in Hogsmeade for Hogwarts students
- Known to carry "jokes and tricks to fulfill even Fred and George Weasely's wildest dreams"
- Items sold include Dungbombs, Hiccough Sweets, Frog Spawn Soap, Sugar Quills and Nose-Biting Teacups
We had to stop and make a potion in Potions class.
- Known potions professors include Severus Snape and Horace Slughorn
- Potions is required for all first to fifth year students at Hogwarts
To end the night, our little wizard sat down and read the Daily Prophet.
What a magical night we had!