Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - My Top 10 Books I Resolve To Read In 2011

Top Ten Tuesday credit goes to The Broke And The Bookish

We all have those books that we'd love to read, but never get around to them for some reason or another. So these 10 books are ones that I am resolving to read this year! (Again, in no particular order!)

1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I've heard really really good reviews of this book, and would love to read it for myself

2. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - Since I first saw this book, I've wanted to read it. I have a copy (and gave away a copy on my blog) but have yet to pick it up. I will this year though!

3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë - I haven't read many classics, but would love to start, and I think this one is the best one to start with

4. Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson - Ever since The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo came out, I've been wanting to read it, and why not read the trilogy this year, right? Maybe this will be a book club pick :)

5. The Alchemist by Paulo Chelho - This has been on my wish-list and to be read list for ages (before I was blogging and reviewing.)

6. Dracula by Bram Stoker - I own this book, but haven't read it yet. I want to - soon. I want to be scared and see how the 'original' vampires are.

7. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton - I recieved an ARC of this book, and tried to read it. But for whatever reason, I could not get into it. But reading reviews and such, I feel like I am missing out so much, so I plan to read it (or try again at least)

8. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins - No need to explain why I want to read this really. (I do own the first of the series)

9. Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult- Picoult is my favourite author, but I haven't read all of her books yet. This one I've heard is fabulous!

10. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult - Again, this is supposed to be one of her best books, I need to see for myself.

That's my top 10! What about you, what books do you resolve to read this year? Leave a link, and I'll check it out!

1 comment:

Teacher/Learner said...

Nice list! I recommend the Millennium trilogy. I read Dragon Tattoo & it was remarkable. I'm looking forward to possibly reading Playing With Fire this year. Good luck on accomplishing your reading goals in 2011 :)



blogger template by lovebird